Our VAT services
VAT specialist advice
Whether you’re a business owner, a property developer, or a charity, our VAT expert’s aim is always to help you reduce the burden of dealing with VAT. We have helped businesses with registering for VAT, advice on avoiding penalties, mitigation of penalties, and ensuring that VAT reliefs/opportunities are maximised wherever possible. Contact us today and see what you could save!
It’s not just about VAT returns
Need to argue that your product should be zero rated? Want help disputing an assessment? Or represent a specific business sector and want to challenge a value added tax rule? We’re the people to have in your corner.
Our VAT experts have worked on many high profile cases, claiming back literally thousands for our clients in backdated VAT refunds.
How Haines Watts VAT experts can help
Haines Watts has a superb name in the market for VAT advice. Many of our VAT experts have worked at senior management level in HMRC, so they’re strong technically and really know their way around the jungle that is value added tax.
Here’s just a few areas where we can help:
- VAT registration – We will register your business for VAT and make necessary monthly or quarterly VAT returns on your behalf.
- Customs duties – VAT Advice on setting up warehouse regimes to defer custom duties and value added tax on imports.
- VAT disputes & appeals – Challenging unjustified VAT assessments, negotiating settlements and representing you at a VAT & Duties Tribunal
- Partial exemption – Maximising your VAT recovery, whilst limiting your costs.
- VAT planning & structuring VAT transactions – Structuring transactions to avoid unnecessary VAT and helping you deal with central government or local authorities on issues.
- International issues – Rationalising your VAT registrations worldwide, managing the cashflow implications of VAT and securing VAT repayments from other countries.
- Specialist sectors – We obtain large repayments for companies in many sectors that have special value added tax rules, such as: catering; not for profit; care homes; hotels; student unions; and sports clubs. Here are few cases we’ve won.
Find and contact your local Haines Watts office