It’s not just about VAT returns
Need to argue that your product should be zero rated? Want help disputing an assessment? Or represent a specific business sector and want to challenge a VAT rule? We’re the people to have in your corner.
We’ve worked on many high profile cases, claiming back literally thousands for our clients in backdated VAT refunds.
How Haines Watts VAT experts can help
Haines Watts has a superb name in the market for VAT advice. Many of our VAT people have worked at senior management level in HMRC, so they’re strong technically and really know their way around the VAT jungle.
Here’s just a few areas where we can help:
- Customs duties – Advice on setting up warehouse regimes to defer custom duties and VAT on imports.
- VAT disputes & appeals – Challenging unjustified VAT assessments, negotiating settlements and representing you at a VAT & Duties Tribunal
- Partial exemption – Maximising your VAT recovery, whilst limiting your costs.
- Planning & structuring VAT transactions – Structuring transactions to avoid unnecessary VAT and helping you deal with central government or local authorities on issues.
- International issues – Rationalising your VAT registrations worldwide, managing the cashflow implications of VAT and securing VAT repayments from other countries.
- Specialist sectors – We obtain large repayments for companies in many sectors that have special VAT rules, such as: catering, not for profit, care homes, hotels, student unions and sports clubs. Here are few cases we’ve won.
Why not get in touch? It could bring you an excellent return.