Business growth questions
Growing a business can bring many challenges to business owners that they may have never faced before. Many decisions need to be made around:
- How to grow the business
- How to structure the business
- Funding for growth
- Building the right team
- Letting go of the reins
Our advice on how to grow businesses spans all of these areas and comes from years of supporting aspirational business owners, across a wide range of sectors, who want to grow their businesses.
Options on how to grow a business
- Organic growth – Your existing business may have plenty of potential to grow long-term in its present form. A sound business plan and marketing plan will help.
- Merger & acquisition – Buying a business can be a great way to expand geographically, tap into new customers or bolt on additional products. Make your merger or acquisition a success by speaking to our Corporate Finance team.
- Growing overseas – Trading internationally can offer massive growth potential. Our international services team will help you understand new markets and establish local contacts there.
- Diversification – Diversification into new products, services or markets not only offers growth opportunities but may qualify you for a grant or R&D tax credits.
What do I need to consider when growing a business?
- Finance – Sourcing, applying for and getting the right deal can be tricky, so talk to us about funding for acquisition and funding for additional equipment.
- Premises – Do you have room for business growth? If not, we can advise on funding new premises and tax efficient property purchase or leasing.
- Outsourcing – Outsourcing key functions such as payroll, IT or certain finance functions may free up valuable resources for growth. Explore our other business services.
- Tax planning & restructuring – planning or restructuring for maximum tax efficiency can preserve valuable cash to fund business growth. Don’t pay unnecessary tax. Talk to our experts.
Growing a business abroad?
There are many reasons that companies look to expanding internationally. If you’re already involved in international markets or considering thinking of importing, exporting or setting up an overseas business check out our expanding internationally questions
Find and contact your local Haines Watts office