How to exit your business – what’s the best option?
There are three main routes to exit your business: Family succession, trade sale and management buyout. All offer different advantages and disadvantages – our business disposal experts can talk you through each option and help you make the right decision for you personally.
How do I get the best price for my business?
To get the best price for your business, you’ll need to:
- Ensure the business is in market areas that command high valuations.
- Focus on how to add value, not just sales.
- Make sure the value of the business isn’t tied up with you, the owner.
- Support, mentor and incentivise a successor management team.
- Implement good systems.
- Plan the timing – when your business is well invested not up against issues.
- Let go! Accept that you will no longer be in charge.
We can help you to track down the right people and systems and create incentives that encourage your team to stay when you sell your business.
Is my business valuation realistic?
Many business owners don’t accurately value their own business. Often they take advice from friends at the gym or golf club rather than professionals!
Our business valuation experts can provide an accurate and realistic business valuation. This ensures the business is not over or undervalued and gets you the best possible price.