Expanding internationally questions
Why do businesses expand internationally?
The Internet and information technology makes it easier than ever for businesses of all sizes to venture into foreign markets. There are many reasons that companies enter the international business arena which include access new customers and markets, access to new talent pools, and risk diversification in different markets.
Expanding internationally – how do I get help with expanding overseas?
In order to develop business in international markets, it’s vital to do your homework. Haines Watts is here to help consider what is needed and what to consider when expanding business internationally. We’ll help you:
- Understand new markets – Due diligence and research into the health of the target market.
- Local customs and culture – knowing these can make a huge difference to a business relationship.
- Establish local links and develop business overseas.
- Develop customised international tax plans that will give you the edge and help make the venture more profitable for you.
International business – how to do business internationally
Having international links is more than just a nice thing to have – it’s a necessity. When carrying out business abroad. Haines Watts will help you with expanding internationally by offering you:
- The options – branches, agencies, service companies, subsidiaries and legal entity format.
- Tax efficient ownership – development and exploitation of intellectual property.
- Holding company location – for tax efficient repatriation of profits into the UK.
- Finance structure – to ensure tax efficient circulation of cash within a group.
- Regulatory information – ensure you follow regulatory practices and you are compliant in the relevant countries, saving time and money.
- Funding – help you get the money needed to get your overseas venture up and running.
More importantly, we offer the local business advice that can be so vital. Remember that it’s the small things that can be so easy to miss without that local input.
What about international tax?
Co-ordinating international tax advice across jurisdictions is vital. Our international tax experts will develop customised tax plans that help manage your compliance while reducing your exposure when expanding overseas. We advise clients on:
- Tax efficient ownership structures
- Repatriation of profits
- Withholding taxes and tax clearances
- Double taxation relief
- Controlled Foreign Companies planning
- Managing enquiries from local and UK tax authorities
International expertise – how can Haines Watts help?
To guarantee you the best advice around the world, Haines Watts is a member of Geneva Group International (GGI), one of the world’s leading organisations of accounting, law and consulting firms. GGI has been ranked by Accountancy Magazine as a top ten international network. Find out more about our international alliance.
Our UK partners will work with you to introduce and recommend the best overseas help you can get.
Our network provides business owners with:
- The freedom to select who to work with in each country – our network is entirely independent.
- Competitive and highly flexible fee structures.
- Expertise and strong ties to the local business communities – giving you a head start in relationship building.
- Significant experience in cross-border transactions.
- Extensive knowledge of tax systems and planning techniques globally.
On top of all that, every member is carefully selected for their local influence and international capabilities – giving you the highest quality support when expanding internationally.
Considering investing in the UK?
If you are considering trading or investing in the UK, read our Investing in the UK guide for further information.
Find and contact your local Haines Watts office