Your business questions
Trading abroad – how do I get help with expanding abroad?
In order to take advantage of international markets, when expanding abroad, it’s vital to do your homework. Haines Watts is here to help. We’ll help you understand new markets, establish local links and develop customised international tax plans that will give you the edge and help make the venture more profitable for you.
If you are considering exporting, why not watch our videos on ‘Going Global’
International business – how can local assistance can help?
Having international links is more than just a nice thing to have – it’s a necessity.
Haines Watts will help you with expanding abroad by:
- The options – branches, agencies, service companies, subsidiaries and legal entity format.
- Tax efficient ownership – development and exploitation of intellectual property.
- Holding company location – for tax efficient repatriation of profits into the UK.
- Finance structure – to ensure tax efficient circulation of cash within a group.
- Regulatory information – ensure you follow regulatory practices and you are compliant in the relevant countries, saving time and money.
- Funding – help you get the money needed to get your international venture up and running.
- Local customs and culture – knowing these can make a huge difference to a business relationship.
More importantly, we offer the local business advice that can be so vital. Remember that it’s the small things that can be so easy to miss without that local input.
To get some insight into trading abroad and exporting, watch our series of videos, where a panel of experts offer their help and advice.
What about international tax?
Co-ordinating international tax advice across jurisdictions is vital. Our international tax experts will develop customised tax plans that help manage your compliance while reducing your exposure when expanding overseas. We advise clients on:
- Tax efficient ownership structures
- Repatriation of profits
- Withholding taxes and tax clearances
- Double taxation relief
- Controlled Foreign Companies planning
- Managing enquiries from local and UK tax authorities
International expertise – how can Haines Watts help?
To guarantee you the best advice around the world, Haines Watts is a member of Geneva Group International (GGI), one of the world’s leading organisations of accounting, law and consulting firms. GGI has been ranked by Accountancy Magazine as a top ten international network.
Our UK partners will work with you to introduce and recommend the best overseas help you can get.
Our network provides business owners with:
- The freedom to select who to work with in each country – our network is entirely independent.
- Competitive and highly flexible fee structures.
- Expertise and strong ties to the local business communities – giving you a head start in relationship building.
- Significant experience in cross-border transactions.
- Extensive knowledge of tax systems and planning techniques globally.
On top of all that, every member is carefully selected for their local influence and international capabilities – giving you the highest quality support when trading abroad.
Considering investing in the UK?
If you are considering trading or investing in the UK, read our Investing in the UK guide for further information.