Your message is important to us, we will be in touch shortly.
Our regional offices spread across the heart of the West Midlandshave a particular passion for the manufacturing and engineering sector. Our team of specialist manufacturing accountants offer the core accounting services and tax advice you need, coupled with the strategy to take your business to the next level.
Estate Administration Fees
Our initial 30 minute meeting is free and there to discuss what’s involved and how we can tailor our service to best suit your needs, as well as providing you with an estimate of what we expect the work will cost.
Then, where Haines Watts Probate Services LLP are instructed by executors to act on their behalf in obtaining probate or assisting with estate administration, we’ll charge for our services at the following hourly rates:
Full Name (Position)
Hourly Rate (£) +VAT
Jonathan Scott (Partner)
Jim Demetriou (Partner)
TEP, CTA, ATT, MAAT
Every Estate is different and average fees range between £5,000 to £20,000 plus VAT, that’s roughly 18 to 60 hours.
The minimum cost for administration of a very simple estate is £3,000 plus VAT.
Factors which will affect the minimum cost:
Please be aware that the following factors will impact on the time spent, so the cost of the service might be higher than stated above:
· Estate is worth over £1 million
· Estate involves the sale of a property
· The deceased held life assurance policies
· Assets in foreign jurisdictions
· Where there are many assets
· Complex gift history by the deceased
· Inheritance tax is payable
· Capital gains tax is payable
· Extensive correspondence with beneficiaries or executors is required
· Dealing with multiple executors who do not provide us with consistent
or clear instructions
· The location of the beneficiaries is in doubt
· A Deed of variation is required
· The deceased owned private company shares
· The deceased owned public limited company shares
· The deceased had complex business affairs
· Lack of clarity over assets owned by the deceased
· Assets are to be transferred to beneficiaries in lieu of residue
· The deceased had multiple bank accounts
· The deceased had an investment portfolio or portfolios
A disbursement is a payment to a third party that we make on our client’s behalf to ensure a smoother process. The cost of the disbursement is passed onto the client via invoice at a later stage.
The likely disbursements that are usually incurred are as follows:
Probate registry fee
£273 plus £1.50 per office copy Grant of Probate/ Grant of Letters of Administration required
fees and search fees
£3 per search, usually needed where the estate contains a property.
Section 27 Trustee Act
Costs are around £250.
There are further disbursements which might need to be incurred if relevant to the estate.
For example, if the deceased’s estate contains shares, a valuation will be required to establish the correct value for probate and inheritance tax purposes. The cost of the share valuation varies depending on the nature of the business but can be around £1,000 plus VAT
Please note that Conveyancing is not included as part of the process offered, although we do work closely with other professionals who can assist with any conveyancing needs.
All costs above are subject to change, as they are for third parties, these are indicative prices as of May 2022.