Injecting fresh thinking about leadership high performance is the aim of HW Business Leaders workshops held at our Worcester office.
At the March meeting, attendees took the opportunity to discuss day-to-day strategies with peers and left with practical tools to make an immediate difference back in the office.
We kicked off 2020 talking about successful implementation of change, a topic shown in the latest Mindshop Business Leader report The Authentic Leader to be of concern to many business leaders. This is unsurprising given how busy and resource-poor leaders generally are.
Year after year we see leaders have less time to get more done. With change the new norm, we looked at practical strategies to drive greater implementation success.
Topics and strategies discussed at the workshop included:
- Identifying a theme for leaders in 2020 such as profitable growth, empowering teams or agility and aligning the leadership attributes to each
- Not seeking perfection in each leadership attribute but rather aligning them to the businesses goal and the leaders’ 2020 theme
- Slowing down and embracing the idea that ‘less is more’ through prioritisation
- Getting things done as a leader by focusing on being more productive rather than busy and learning while implementing
- Reducing complexity in all aspects of the business
- Keeping the right people on your team – those you can trust to get things done rather than high performers who may be divisive
All attendees worked on their number one, day-to-day implementation challenge with their peers, building on the new insights covered during the workshop.
In summary, a terrific, thought-provoking day was had by all to point each leader in the right direction for greater success in 2020.
If you’re interested in joining our practical, high-value learning sessions we would like to invite you to join us at the next HW Business Leaders workshop on June 8, 2020.
Please contact me on 01905 454854 or email JHPainter@hwca.com to register.
Want to know more? Call us on 01905 612347 or email firstname.lastname@example.org