Audit services in the North East
We take the time to get to know and your business, meaning that our audit approach is tailored to suit you. By having an in-depth knowledge of your business and industry, we are in a much stronger position to spot opportunities and add value to your audit.
From international businesses and large corporates, to start-ups and charities, our expertise stretch across a wide range of organisations.
What are the benefits of having an audit?
The statutory audit threshold is high. Only if you have over 50 employees, total assets exceeding £5.1m and turnover above £10.3m, are you legally obliged to have an audit.
Many business owners still choose to have an audit, even if they are under the threshold, because of the abundance of information the process reveals. Some of the benefits of having an audit include:
- Unlocking information: the audit process reveals a wealth of information. Highlighting your business’s strengths and weaknesses and giving you a deeper understanding of your financial records.
- Strategic decision making: We can use these insights in the strategic decision making process, ensuring efficient planning and better business moves are made.
- Assurance & credibility: Audits add extra credibility to published information, giving further assurance to key stakeholders, by showing that accounts are fair and true. This can really lend you favour when applying for loans and insurance claims.
- Reduced risk: Audits significantly reduce the risk of fraud and help to identify risks of internal fraud too.
At the core of all of our audits is deep level of understanding of our clients and the sector they operate in, meaning we can offer a rigorous and comprehensive analysis of your business.
We work with a huge variety of industries across the North East. Some of which include:
- Service Providers
- Charities and Not-for-Profits
Why use Haines Watts Auditors?
We want to build a mutually beneficial and long-term relationship, in which we act as your trusted advisor. In doing so, we ensure:
- Audit quality: Ensuring audit quality is at the top of our agenda. We like to challenge information and assumptions and our team are constantly striving for improvement. This enables us to provide a more robust audit and can give you extra comfort over your own financials.
- A streamlined process: We deliver comprehensive audit service with significant senior input. Our approach is streamlined and efficient, with minimum disruption to you and your team.
- Flexibility: We work collaboratively with our clients to develop flexible timetables to suit them. We’re always on hand to answer any ad-hoc queries you may have, not just at year-end.
- Our team: Our audit experts are dynamic, flexible, and personable. We pride ourselves on creating and maintaining long term relationships with our clients.