Audit services from Haines Watts Newcastle
We work with a diverse range of organisations all over the North East region, varying from international businesses and large corporates to start-ups and charities. Our experienced audit team is spread across our Newcastle and Darlington offices. We offer our clients a service driven by the strength of a national network, delivered with the bespoke and flexible approach of a local firm.
Changes in legislation have meant the vast majority of businesses are now not legally obliged to have an audit. As of 1 January 2016, a company only needs an audit if it has a turnover over £10.2m, total assets exceeding £5.1m, and over 50 employees. However, many still choose to have a non-statutory audit because of the abundance of information that can be unlocked as result of going through this process.
What are the benefits of having an audit?
We specialise in owner-managed businesses, and as business owners ourselves, we understand the challenges and pains you face. This means we’re constantly able to add value to your audit, whether that’s advice on growth, expansion, succession, or tax planning. And just because your business is legally required to have an audit doesn’t make it any less valuable. Having an audit:
Having an audit:
- Helps to identify weaknesses or pitfalls in your accounting systems, from which we are then able to suggest improvements to enhance your business
- Ensures deeper understanding of your company’s financial records
- Adds credibility to published information for stakeholders
- Helps when making loan/credit applications and insurance claims
- Reduces the risk of fraud and could help to identify internal opportunities for fraud
- Provides assurance to shareholders that accounts are true and fair
- Gives an unbiased, third-party opinion of a company’s financial figures
- Reinforces and strengthens internal controls
- Unlocks an abundance of financial information to make for better planning and better business decisions
Why use Haines Watts Auditors Newcastle?
We always take time at the beginning of a new relationship to understand you and your business. We know that by having in-depth knowledge of our clients’ business and industry we are in a much stronger position to spot opportunities. This approach has meant we’ve also won Auditor of the Year and Accountancy Firm of the Year at the FD Excellence Awards for four consecutive years.
At Haines Watts, we are proud to say that we have a low staff turnover and high client retention. We’re not in it for the short term. We want to build a trusted, long-term, and mutually beneficial relationship, in which we take the role of your trusted advisor. In doing so, we ensure:
- A comprehensive approach with significant senior input
- A streamlined and efficient process with minimum disruption to you
- We’re flexible and work to an agreed timetable that suits your business
- Access to a range of other services including corporate finance, personal and corporate tax, payroll, and R&D tax relief specialists
- We don’t waste your time with trivialities and we’re always on hand to answer any ad-hoc queries you may have
Our audit approach is tailored to each individual client. But at the very core of all our audits is a deep level of understanding of our clients and their sector, a rigorous and comprehensive analysis, and a commitment to adding value to your business.
If you’re looking for auditors in Newcastle, get in touch with our team to arrange a no-obligation consultation meeting. Following this meeting, we can put together a full proposal with an overview of our approach, staff, timings, and fees.