Payroll and Auto Enrolment
We have the resources and systems in place, via our online cloud based accounting solutions, to provide a friendly, flexible and cost effective payroll outsourcing service. We are experienced in dealing efficiently with the complexities and confidentiality of payroll, including the new pension rules regarding Auto Enrolment pension obligations.
The service is available via our online client portal MyHainesWatts.com, a secure locked down part of the Haines Watts website. MyHainesWatts.com also contains standard forms to help clients provide payroll data simply.
Clients can complete new starter forms and payroll data collection forms, ensuring your regular payroll processing is done quickly and accurately. Our payroll services can be tailored to your specific requirements including:
- fixed fee package for preparation of online monthly payroll
- Real Time Information (RTI) PAYE filing
- email communication to employees including payslips
- preparation of end of year tax returns and other forms, including P11 Deductions working sheet, P60 End of year summary, P45 Details of employee leaving
- payroll cost analysis
- advice on all payroll related issues
- reporting to your Auto Enrolment pension provider each month
- assistance with monthly employee correspondence required under Auto Enrolment
- calculating PAYE and NI payable
What is RTI and how will RTI affect your business?
Employers, or their agents, are generally required to make regular online payroll submissions for each pay period during the year detailing payments and deductions made from employees on or before the date they are paid to the employees.
The operation of PAYE under RTI can be a difficult and time consuming procedure for businesses. Penalties apply where employers fail to meet their RTI filing and payment obligations. We can help with the following:
- making online submissions on time
- paying liabilities on time
- keeping necessary records
- operating PAYE and NI correctly
- making correct statutory payments (sick pay (SSP), maternity pay (SMP) and paternity pay (OSPP) and shared parental pay (ShPP))
- providing HMRC and employees with the relevant forms on time
Auto Enrolment – How we can help?
The march towards Auto Enrolment staging dates for SMEs continues. In an ideal world, you should start planning for Auto Enrolment 12 months ahead of your staging date but, as a minimum, you will need 6 months to deal with the compliance.
The Pensions Regulator website details all the stages necessary to prepare for Auto Enrolment but we can assist with:
- nominating a point of contact
- assessing your workforce
- reviewing your pension arrangements
- communicating the changes to your workforce
- automatically enrolling eligible jobholders into a pension scheme
- registering with the Pensions Regulator and keeping records
- reporting monthly to your pension scheme provider
- contributing to your workers’ pension
You should not underestimate the time burden involved in this process. Furthermore, the Pensions Regulator will impose significant penalties for non-compliance so it’s essential to get it right.
Payroll Outsourcing & Auto Enrolment services with Haines Watts means that you have the time to concentrate on running your business, confident that you’ve got Payroll & Pension matters covered. We can be contacted direct at any time by phone or email if you have any payroll related queries.
All you have to do is simply provide your data each period such as salary changes, overtime, additional payments and deductions and we will do the rest.