Accountants for the Construction Industry
We've spent over 20 years’ working in the construction sector in the heart of Essex, a region where construction companies thrive. We are passionate about the success of this sector and its strong roots in our area.
Our expert construction accountants provide bespoke advice tailored to meet your needs. We will help you tackle increasing pressures to evolve and adopt new technology to improve productivity.
We work with construction businesses of all sizes ranging from large contractors to sub-contractors, tradesmen, and professional developers…
Tax advice and Planning
- Tax efficient structuring – to maximise tax planning opportunities and reliefs available to property and construction businesses.
- Tax effective remuneration planning – advice on the most tax efficient way to pay yourself.
- Tax Investigation Insurance – ensuring you are properly protected in the event of any HMRC enquiry, including IR35.
- Keeping you up-to-date with tax changes – providing expert guidance and planning tips for upcoming changes which may affect you.
- Compliance with HMRC’s Construction Industry Scheme (CIS) – ensuring your CIS returns are accurate and always filed on time and dealing with CIS administration.
- VAT issues – providing specialist VAT advice on areas including standard-rating, reduced-rating, zero-rating and the option to tax.
Our tax advisers are helping clients get ready for the new VAT reverse charge, otherwise known as the domestic reverse charge (DRC), coming into effect in October 2020.
Accounting for construction
- Annual accounts & tax returns – our specialist accountants will ensure your accounts and tax returns are dealt with efficiently and always on time.
- Payroll services – reduce your admin load and outsource your weekly or monthly payroll function.
- Bookkeeping – keeping your records up to date using the latest software so you know where your business stands at all times and can monitor cash flow effectively.
- Regular management accounts – providing practical advice to improve your performance and profit.
- IT expertise – advising on accounting software to cover CIS, your systems strategy, selection and implementation to optimise your business activities.
- Audit & assurance – our chartered accountants provide peace of mind with an external audit process that meets your regulatory requirements and adds value along the way.
Strategy & Growth
- Strategic planning and growth – we will help you plan your future strategy and long-term growth goals.
- Expansion of overseas operations – broaden your target audience, embrace the global market and convert more international opportunities.
- Succession planning – working with you to plan your exit from the business and draw up a sound strategy for succession.
- We are your trusted advisor – we aim to increase the value of your business and realise your professional and personal aspirations.
- Projecting costs and potential cost overruns – to help you determine profitability of construction activities.
- M&A strategic advice – harness the potential of an acquisition of a business or supplier.
- Business finance – helping you raise finance through grants, loans, equity finance and external investors.
- Financing decisions – assessment and advice for policy development on capital projects