We are looking for a qualified accountant to join our team based in Norwich.
Permanent position – Full time
Due to continued growth we are looking for a fully qualified accountant to join our current team in Norwich.
The successful candidate will be a fully qualified accountant and will be involved in all aspects of accountancy and will have practice experience with both accounts and audit of SME’s and good commercial awareness. Must be able to communicate at all levels and be able to build and develop client relationships. Knowledge of the IRIS Accountancy Suite, Xero is a distinct advantage.
Good clear communication skills both written and oral along with a positive and enthusiastic attitude will be essential and the ability to work as part of a team or under your own initiative.
You will be responsible for controlling on an annual basis the professional work required on a range of accounts jobs meeting all internal, client based and legislative deadlines.
You will be responsible for ensuring that the firm’s standard processes are used in the production of accounts work in all aspects and for ensuring that technical standards are maintained being able to answer technical questions.
As a qualified accountant you will provide practical advice and solutions to clients and colleagues to problems in a timely manner.
This position offers excellent prospects and a good opportunity for the right person to develop and progress their career.
- Preparation of accounts and draft tax computations
- Management and delivery of accounts assignments
- Deliver information to client in timely manner
- Manage client communication in effective manner
- Experience of completing private company accounts and knowledge of disclosure requirement
- In preparing accounts for sole traders and partnerships and a basic understanding of the tax legislation for both
- Experience of preparing monthly and quarterly management accounts for clients in a timely manner
- Experience in managing and maintaining client relationships and communicating effectively with clients
- Experience of working with Iris preferred. In addition experience of cloud based systems such as Xero and Quickbooks are ideal
ACCA / ICAEW fully qualified
The Accounts Manager/Assistant Manager will have the below skills:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Good attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal skills
Enthusiastic with a positive attitude
About Haines Watts
Haines Watts is a Top 15 firm of chartered accountants who specialise in advising and supporting business owners. We support over 35,000 companies and business owners around the UK, which gives our clients access to a huge amount of business expertise and knowledge. Our fresh thinking and practical business approach underpin our values.
If you are a qualified accountant and interested in this role then please send a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To find out more about Haines Watts Norwich visit the website here.
Want to know more? Call us on 01493 800 800 or email email@example.com