Coronavirus Business Help
Guidance is changing daily, but at this time here are some useful links:
- This is government employment advice and is updated daily. It will help to give you basic advice for staff pay in various situations.
Government aid for business as announced in the budget
- A support package has been announced and is on the link above.
- Local authorities are dealing with the cash grants and business rates relief. Please check the website of your local authorities, they have special Coronavirus links where you can find out more and how to claim.
- There is a dedicated helpline on the link for paying tax.
HMRC support if you can’t pay your tax bill
- Here you will find guidance from HMRC on who to contact and what you will need to provide if you want help with your tax bills.
- There’s some useful info on here especially near the bottom where there are links to various banks offering support to customers, both business and personal. Most banks are now offering support packages. It might be worth speaking to them early to get contingencies in place just in case they are needed.
Try to protect the cash in your business as much as possible:
- Manage your cash flow over the coming weeks and months
- Tighten up invoicing and cash collection. Offer payment plans for those customers that you know will be hit hard….getting some cash in is better than none.
- Restrict non-essential purchasing as far as possible
- Make use of HMRC’s offer of relaxed payment deadlines for tax
- Keep in contact with us, keep up to date with your accounts; we can obtain tax refunds where we can, or assist with loan applications and funding requirements.
This is a constantly evolving situation and we want to provide the reassurance that we are taking sensible precautions to minimise the impact on employees and clients, whilst continuing to carry out our business to a high standard.
Please stay safe, remain vigilant and call on our help when you need it.
Want to know more? Call us on 01493 800 800 or email email@example.com