Specialist advice and services for academies
The academies sector has grown to become the most dynamic area of education. However, with new opportunities come significant risks, challenges and responsibilities. Therefore, selecting professional advisors with experience, expertise and a track record you can trust is essential.
Haines Watts has that track record, having won awards for audit and accountancy services consistently for four years. Our academy services have been developed over several years following feedback from clients and dealing with over 60 academies from our Altrincham office has resulted in high levels of experience of issues that are likely to arise.
We can help whether you are considering converting to an academy or if you are already an established trust. You may be joining, creating or growing a multi-academy trust and we can assist you with the various complex issues you will come across.
Strategic services for academies
- Conversion to academy status; support along the way and beyond.
- Developing the right structure for your academy trust and ensuring governance procedures are in place.
- Helping you to grow a multi academy trust; understanding the various issues and carrying out a comprehensive due diligence review to highlight any risks associated with partnering with other schools.
- Ongoing support and monitoring service to ensure compliance with regulations.
Compliance services for academies
- Preparation and audit of statutory financial statements in line with ESFA and Charity SORP requirements.
- VAT reviews and advice in respect of registration and reclaiming VAT.
- Corporation tax returns and reviews in respect of trading structures.
- Assistance with the preparation and submission of all ESFA returns.
- Payroll for academies; our software is specifically designed for the education sector.
- Academy assurance and internal audit reviews.
- A service level agreement including monthly meetings and telephone/email support to ensure your finance team is fully supported throughout the year.
Added value services for academies
- Training courses on areas such as VAT, management accounts and due diligence.
- Bespoke training courses as required.
- VAT reviews and corporation tax health checks.
- Regular ‘Academy Alert’ newsletters.
- Email alerts advising of any topical changes throughout the year.
- A comprehensive annual benchmarking report.
- Annual subscription to Grants4Schools website.
We are Members of the Charities Tax Group and Academies Auditors’ Forum which helps us to keep you informed of important changes and news.
About Haines Watts
We work with numerous clients in the education sector, including academy schools, free schools and independent schools. With offices in Altrincham, Hale and the Greater Manchester area. Contact our Altrincham accountants today to discuss your academy’s regulatory and financial support needs.
For more information on our Accounting Services visit our homepage. Alternatively, to find out how Haines Watts Chartered Accountants can help your academy or school, call 0161 926 8558 or email firstname.lastname@example.org