Academies update - 6 September 2021
Charity and Not for profit
The ESFA has published the digital version of the Academy Trust Handbook 2021, an updated version of their guide for governors and trustees and additional guidance in respect of the accounts return which is due for submission by 25 January 2022.
The ESFA has published the digital version of the Academy Trust Handbook 2021 which is now in effect. We recommend that the handbook is shared with all trustees and members if this hasn’t been done already.
The ESFA has also updated their guide for governors and trustees to help understand their academy’s financial and educational performance with the aid of key performance indicators and other analysis.
Additional guidance has been released to aid the completion of the accounts return due for submission by 25 January 2022. This guidance contains all of the additional information required and the changes that have been made to the form for this year. In summary, the main changes to this year’s accounts return are:
- addition of academy dashboards for academy level tables
- additional information provided on error messages when a validation is triggered
- updates to the losses and special payments table and the information required
- updates to the information required for COVID-19 funding
- off-payroll arrangements are to be included in “Number of employees whose emoluments exceeds £60k and £100k”
- reduced number of fields in the counterparty data section
- ESFA funded assets under construction section removed
All of the above information and more can be found here.
As always, if you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me or one of our Academy Services Team.