Are you thinking...?
- “It’s been tough in recent years but we survived and things are now going well. We will continue to encounter bumps in the road but are now more resilient to overcome them.”
- “What should I be doing to make sure that the better results we are achieving now can be maintained and don’t fall away with the next market downturn?”
- “I sometimes feel that running my business is like flying a glider – when the market warms we can ride the thermals of demand and fly high – but when it cools we come back down with a bump. We kid ourselves that we’ve got a good engine!”
Although the UK economy has improved, you continue to control your business with rigour – reluctant to add to headcount or buy that new machinery. Until recently only cash and cost control were high up your agenda, growth and investment have been shelved.
There is now the temptation to take the higher returns and carry on as before. But is the business in the best shape for the future? With reduced investment is the condition of your customer base, your products and services, your workforce and management team all making you fighting fit to deal with what’s over the horizon?
It’s the quality of profits, as opposed to the quantity, that affects the sustainability of your business performance for the years to come and increases resilience to the warming and cooling of market conditions. That’s how you build your own engine!
What you can do
- Ensure you are balancing the need to get performance now with the progress you need to make in developing capability to handle the future
- Be open to the view that quantity and quality of profits are both important
- Be honest on areas where investment is required for the longer term future
How we can help
- Help you assess the condition of the sustainability ‘drivers’ in your business
- Challenge and guide your thinking
- Have the tools and processes that help you build higher quality profits
Assess the strength and resilience of your business, take our business fitness test.
For outcomes to change behaviour has to change and for behaviour to change belief has to change. Read more about how to improve and grow your business here.
Are you thinking what we’re thinking? Get in touch to start the conversation today.