So, you think you know Payroll? Test your knowledge now in our dedicated National Payroll Week quiz!
1. What are the current minimum pension contributions under the auto enrolment (pre-April 2019)?
- 3% employer, 2% employee
- 2% employer, and a total minimum of 5%
- 3% employer, and a total minimum of 5%
2. What does PAYE stand for?
- Pay as you earn
- Pay at year end
- Please annoy your employer
3. For minimum wage, how many different age brackets are there?
4. Payslips are only required for workers who work over 30 hours a week, true or false?
5. What’s the current annual threshold over which most employees will pay national insurance contributions?
6. What’s the current weekly paid amount for Statutory Maternity Pay (SMP)?*
*You receive: 90% of your average weekly earnings (before tax) for the first 6 weeks. A/B/C or 90% of your average weekly earnings (whichever is lower) for the next 33 weeks.
7. How many weeks does paid Maternity leave cover?
- 15 weeks
- 39 weeks
- 52 weeks
8. What’s the current weekly paid amount for Statutory Sick Pay (SSP)?
9. Which of the following is the correct definition of a P32?
- Employer Payment Record. It’s a summary of the amounts you have paid to HMRC each month – including PAYE, student loan deductions and NI contributions.
- A form used to show how much taxable salary the employee was paid in the tax year and how much tax was deducted from their wages. An employer must give this form to each of their employees at the end of the tax year.
- A certificate given to an employee at the end of a period of employment, providing details of their tax code, gross pay, and the tax paid for that year, to be passed to a subsequent employer or benefit agency.
Want to know more? Call us on 0116 276 2761 or email email@example.com