With the business environment facing ever more change and uncertainty, many business owners are facing a big question? Should they continue to build their company or is the time now right to consider selling up?
So what do you do if the answer is sell out?
At Haines Watts Leicester, we help business owners to plan and execute the sale of their business maximising both the price and value returned to the owner. Here’s how we do it:
A real case study
X was a business that had looked to sell out a number of years ago, and had approached a boutique corporate finance and business sales firm, but failed to sell. Needless to say, they were sceptical about selling their business and advisors pitching for their work:
- We worked with the management team to firstly restructure their business
- We helped to identify their strengths and weaknesses
- We shouted about their strengths
- We helped to address and improve their weaknesses
- We worked to identify potential buyers from their industry and related supply chain
- We utilised our own contact base and connections to identify more potential buyers
- We approached a number of interested parties
- We have a few secrets of our own!
- We concentrated on a smaller number of very interested parties
- We negotiated the best deal and terms from the most appropriate party
- We kept our client involved and updated throughout and gave them choices
- We managed the whole process to a successful sale and conclusion
- Both parties were very happy with achieving their objectives
Remember, there are two secretes to our and your success; 1) Never tell everything you know!
We are currently offering a series of seminars regarding these issues – please see our events section.
As a national firm with local offices in Leicester and Corby, we are well placed to help business owners achieve their objectives. Our team working on business and company sales have experience in corporate finance and tax and are on hand to help and our directors/partners lead the work personally.
For a free and confidential meeting contact Haines Watts Leicester on 0116 2762761 or email Steven Mugglestone.
Want to know more? Call us on 0116 276 2761 or email firstname.lastname@example.org