An excellent opportunity to join our growing tax team as a tax assistant / apprentice in our Diss office.
The successful tax trainee candidate will have good clear communication skills both written and oral along with a positive and enthusiastic attitude. A high attention to detail along with good time management and organization skills is essential. Must be able to work as part of a team or under your own initiative and work well under pressure to ensure deadlines are met.
Reporting to a senior member of staff, responsibilities will include:
- Preparation of self-assessment tax returns and related tax calculations for individuals and partnerships using the firm’s software.
- Preparation of forms P11D using the firms software.
- Assisting in the preparation of accounts for sole traders, partnerships and Limited companies.
- All related correspondence with clients, HM Revenue & Customs and third parties as required. Monitoring and working to related deadlines.
- Providing support with tax research and summarising findings.
- Providing administrative support to senior members tax team.
- Maintaining a good understanding of UK tax legislation changes.
- Involvement with the administration of the firms tax enquiry fee protection insurance.
- Providing support in dealing with telephone calls, client meetings and general office administration, where required. Carry out any other duties to meet with the needs of the business.
Experience with all MS products (Excel, word, outlook) will be an advantage with good academic background. Training will be provided working toward ATT qualification following successful completion of probation period.
Salary will be dependent on experience and training.
Interested? Email us now with a covering letter and a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To find out more about Haines Watts in Diss visit our team page here.
Want to know more? Call us on 01379 640555 or email email@example.com