Cloud Accounting Guru
We are looking for a digital accounting specialist to work with our existing team of accountants to deal with onboarding of clients to cloud based accounting software.
Are you working in a traditional accounts environment but looking for a more dynamic technology based role? Fed up with timesheets, and time based billing?
Ideally suited to someone who can relate to small business owners, with good communication skills, working in a role helping clients improve their business processes through the use of digital software and outsourced compliance services.
The role is ideally suited to someone who is savvy with all types of software and used to working with a small team in a combined service delivery and business development role.
Digital Accounting Specialist
Working Requirements & Responsibilities
- Responsible for assisting the current team with bookkeeping services and the transition to digital accounting for a firm with a £1m+ accounting client base.
- On-boarding clients to Digital Accounting software packages, and choosing the right solutions for their business.
- Helping the existing team train clients on cloud software face to face, and using remote screen sharing software / online meetings and becoming involved in the progression of the department.
- Visiting clients, travelling to satellite offices in Norwich, Thetford, Diss and Great Yarmouth on regular occasions, and attending courses and marketing events outside of normal working hours.
- Directly involved in the progression of the digital accounting service within the business, including developing new revenue streams by identifying new cloud based add-on solutions, creating internal process efficiencies, and designing new marketing material for the firm.
- Attending software courses and helping with marketing events outside of normal working hours.
- Other adhoc tasks required by the directors including holiday cover, assisting with the billing and administration requirement for the department, including engagement letters, money laundering and HMRC registration requirements.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with an ability to work as part of a larger team
- An individual with an approachable personality and good leadership skills
- Happy working in a paperless environment and a person who embraces the use of technology and putting forward new ideas
- Experienced user of IT software and digital cloud based or mobile apps, and Microsoft office based products Excel, Word, Outlook
- Has a good working knowledge of current VAT rules and regulations, and bookkeeping and accounting requirements for small businesses. Accountancy or bookkeeping qualification an advantage
- Payroll experience an advantage but not a requirement
- Organised, ability to work to deadlines and a good numerical attention to detail.
- Driving Licence and use of own vehicle essential
Training – QuickBooks Online and Xero – Advanced user accreditations offered for both software systems with annual accreditation a requirement of the role
Great Pension and Benefits Package
Training: Additional development and training courses considered after initial 3-month trial period / at annual performance review
Want to know more? Call us on 01379 640555 or email firstname.lastname@example.org