New business support
When starting up in business there’s a lot to think about so it’s a good idea to get professional advice from the start and along the way.
Business start-up – things to bear in mind
- Do you have a business plan? This is a crucial road map for your new company.
- How much money do you need and what will it be used for?
- Can you finance things yourself or do you need funding?
- What business structure will you use? Are you setting up as a sole trader, partnership or limited company?
- Where are you going to trade from – home or business premises?
- Are you recruiting staff and have you thought about employment issues & payroll?
Read our business start-up factsheet for more information.
Starting a business – finding the right help
It will pay to talk to a professional accountant. They can help you avoid costly pitfalls when starting up and will save you money in the long run. At Haines Watts we can advise you on all aspects of starting up in business and help your business grow.
Make sure your accountancy firm can grow with you – will they be able to cope when your business grows? Being part of Haines Watts our local accountancy practices can deal with business from start-up, through growth and right through to exit.
Use your accountant as an advisor and not just a bookkeeper. They should be able to give you great ideas for planning, running and growing your business. Haines Watts partners are all business owners themselves so can not only help with the numbers but can advise on a wide range of business challenges.
How can Haines Watts help?
- Setting up the company
- Business planning
- Getting finance
- Managing your cashflow
- Taxes and all the paperwork
- VAT & PAYE registration
- IT and accounting systems
What makes Haines Watts different?
We’re local – and national: Haines Watts is a national network of individual, owner-managed local accountancy practices. So we’re on your doorstep when you need us as a business start-up – and big enough to support you as you expand.
Experienced: We’ve advised thousands of start-up businesses like yours and currently deal with over 30,000 privately owned companies. They’re in every conceivable sector, right across the UK.
Extra advice: All of our partners run their own businesses so they understand the challenges and issues you face. Their advice is based on their own experience and they’ll be on your side, which is essential when you’re starting a business.